The school has a national profile for innovation, is a leader in the Agribusiness area and operates an outdoor education experience for its Year 10 students at its Tihoi Venture School.
The main campus, located in Hamilton, has impressive facilities situated in an attractive setting. Staff can enjoy free car parking and cooked lunches during term time.
St Paul’s has a proven tradition of pastoral care and promotes a holistic approach to the education of its students. Teachers are encouraged to pursue personal development and training to keep them at the forefront of effective teaching practice.
With a school roll currently around 800, St Paul’s students are highly motivated and focused, learning in classes that have a low student-to-teacher ratio. Small class sizes give teachers the opportunity to really get to know each and every student and deliver their lessons accordingly.
St Paul’s staff are enthusiastic, committed, and hardworking and genuinely enjoy the challenges associated with working with teenagers.
Our students go on to achieve great things in both their careers as well as their sporting and cultural lives. Become part of the St Paul’s team and make an impact on the paths these young people take.
Benefits to working at St Paul’s include:
- small class sizes
- engaged students
- specialist teacher support – Director of Teaching and Learning
- modern IT environment and support – Director of Digital Learning
- professional development opportunities/ personal growth
- learning enhancement unit
- forefront of EI/ mentoring
- caring and supportive community
- strong pastoral care focus
- opportunity for onsite pastoral care in boarding houses
- opportunity to be involved in high-performance sport
- service programs local and abroad
- central north island location
- affordable housing
- good local schools/ university/ Polytech
- free parking
- cooked lunches during term time
- access to school facilities – gymnasium, swimming pool
- remuneration exceeding PPTA rates
- tuition discount for sons/ daughters of staff
- active social club
- impressive purpose-built facilities
- enduring history and culture
- strong reputation within NZ secondary schools – academic, sporting, spiritual, cultural
- strong roll and stable leadership
- financially sound