A group of about twenty men, now referred to as the 'Founders' formed the inaugural Waikato Anglican Boys’ College Trust in August, 1957, and registered it under the provisions of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957.
Objectives of the Trust:
“Founding and providing for a school or schools of learning and other institutions, wherein boys of this country could be cared for, taught and educated in accordance with those principles and precepts traditionally present in that system of education, which, based on the religion of the Anglican Church, inculcates a desire for the acquisition of knowledge for the Glory of God and the benefit of mankind, a proper discipline of mind and body and a life of service to others.”
The Trust Deed gives the Trustees full power and authority to found and maintain schools.
In 2009 the name of the Trust was changed to the Waikato Anglican College Trust to reflect the admission of girls into the school. Girls were first admitted into the School in 1985 into Years 12 and 13. From 2010 girls were introduced from Year 11, creating a co-educational senior school and a boys' only junior school.
The Bishop of the Diocese of Waikato is the official visitor of the School and by the requirements of the Trust Deed and Trustees presents an annual report to the Waikato Diocesan Synod. However, the Trust is completely independent of any Diocese, carries its own responsibilities and is endowed.
As a Christian foundation and an independent school St Paul’s endeavors to:
- provide education of the highest quality
- fully develop our staff and students
- encourage our students as individuals to strive to reach their potential, preparing for the challenges of life, and play a constructive part in the world at large.