Our Hauora Groups are made up of 20 students per group in their own year level and are led by two staff members. A key part of all sessions is the understanding of good journaling and positive reflection.
School’s Vision – Turning Possibilities into Realities
Hauora Vision – To grow resilient and thoughtful people of great character with a connection to Hauora.
||Term 1 – Taking control
||Term 2 – Building character
||Term 3 – Taking the lead
– Brave, Stupid, Thrill Seeking?
– Look others in the eye and yourself in the mirror
– Digital footprint
|Self Control -
||Getting along with others
– Intake 2
|Resilience – Yes you can do it
|Getting along with Others -
– Men are from Mars women are from Venus.
- Introducing girls and allowing the two boy intakes to reconnect
- Social Issues
|Emotional Intelligence (linked to resilience development programme and managing stress
||Emotional Intelligence and Stress Management|
- Continue with EI programme
- Focus on stress management as we build up to exams.
||Cool under pressure (Stress, anxiety and depression as well as strategies to cope with these)
||Interpersonal skills and Communication
- Features of healthy relationships which included friendships, the impact of pornography on relationships, and consent
|Body image, Communication, leadership and decision making
- Communication – talking as well as being a good listener; a Q+A with CEO’s on leadership
- Stress management
||Dealing with addiction and Stress
||First-year away from home + consent and consequences
||Nutrition, budgeting and study tips