Students have a one-on-one session with St Paul’s speech and drama teacher, Karen Johnson.
As part of this programme, students are encouraged to sit grade exams for the Trinity College of London qualification, which are now acknowledged in more than 60 countries worldwide.
Students can specialise in one of the following areas:
- Speech and drama: Poetry, prose and acting combined
- Performing text: Literary performance without the acting
- Shakespeare: For lovers of a more traditional dramatic performance
- Individual acting skills: Acting in its many guises
- Public speaking and communication skills: Both impromptu and prepared
- Musical theatre: Singing, dancing and acting.
Speech and drama teacher, Karen Johnson
Karen is a fully trained and qualified speech and drama teacher, school teacher and speech language therapist with more than 30 years' experience working in education and private sectors. In addition to providing professional speaking courses, Karen is qualified to offer remedial speech and language therapy for students displaying difficulty in sound production, fluency or oral expression.
Tel: +64 7 957 8899 ext 8747