It was victory on the squash court this week for Lwamba Chileshe (Year 13) who took the winning place in the 2017 Waikato Secondary School Squash Championships.
Lwamba competed in the tournament on Wednesday and was the overall winner of the boys’ top division, beating Angus MacDonald from Hamilton Boys' High School: 11-6, 11-7 and 11-9.
More good results were to follow for St Paul’s squash players in division 1 with Sean Dykes (Year 13) placing third, ahead of Logan Webber from Matamata College, and Sam Wilson (Year 13) in fifth. In division 2, Jack Collins (Year 11) was the runner-up winner and Brendon Hunt (Year 12) received the consolation plate. In division 4, Lachlan Cowley (Year 11) won the special plate.
For the girls’ competition, Tyler Steer (Year 12) was the winner of division 3, with Jessica Tod (Year 12) receiving the special plate in the same division.
The tournament was hosted by the Hamilton Squash & Tennis Club, Hamilton Old Boys’ Squash Club and the Te Rapa Squash Club.
Lwamba is pictured here with Anika Jackson (Hamilton Girls’ High School) winner of the girls’ top division.
- Lwamba Chileshe – winner of the boys' division 1
- Sean Dykes – runner-up in the boys' division 1
- Sam Wilson – fifth in the boys' division 1
- Jack Collins – runner-up in the boys' division 2
- Brendon Hunt – consolation plate in the boys' division 2
- Lachlan Cowley – special plate in the boys' division 4
- Tyler Steer – winner of the girls' division 3
- Jessica Tod – special plate in the girls' division 3