Students of St Paul’s Collegiate School can take part in triathlon and duathlon as their major sport or alongside their other sporting interests.
Training focuses on the four key facets of triathlon: swimming, cycling, running and transitions. Training takes place before and after school and, where possible, students train alongside those students doing swimming, cycling or athletics/cross-country as individual sports.
- Waikato Bay of Plenty Schools Teams Triathlon championships – gold in U16 boys (Ben Littlejohn, Oliver Larcombe and Trey Lincoln), silver in U16 boys (Matthew Waddell, Thomas McAdams and Angus Riordan) and bronze in U19 boys (Thomas Griffin, Jack Dean and Angus Orsler) (2018)
- Waikato Schools Individual Triathlon championships – Isaac Reay first in U14 division, Oliver Larcombe second in U16 division and Matt Dawbin sixth in U14 division (2018)
- National Schools Triathlon championships – Isaac Reay third in U14 aquathon and sixth in triathlon, Oliver Larcombe fourth in U16 triathlon and fifth aquathon (2018)
- Oliver Larcombe first place in the Youth Triathlon at The Kinloch Triathlon-NZ National Sprint Champs 2018 & Gold Coast Qualifier (2018)
- Oliver Larcombe second in the U16 division of the Surfbreaker Triathlon held at Mt Maunganui. Oliver finished the competition 18th overall (2018)
- Teacher in Charge – Robert Aldridge