House spirit filled Porritt Stadium last week for the school’s athletics championships day – the first of the inter-house competitions for 2018.
There were some outstanding performances during the day, as well as some epic battles on the track and in the field. But there was no defeating the mighty ‘green machine’ Williams House, who once again reigned as the overall winner.
Students could compete in a maximum of four events (not including relays) with a maximum of 36 points up for grabs.
School record breakers this year were Sitiveni Lose (Year 10) who broke the junior boys’ high jump record clearing a height of 1.76m and beating the previous record by 3cm and Caroline Kolver (Year 12) who threw the discus 29.38m beating the previous record by 1.1m. Caroline also beat the shot put record by 2.05m, throwing 12.72m.
Field event cups were awarded to:
- Girls: Caroline Kolver
- Junior Boys: Toby Robb
- Intermediate Boys: Harry Coxhead
- Senior Boys: Temwa Chileshe
Championship cups were awarded to:
- Girls: Amelia Hunt (32), Brooke Batters (31) and Caroline Kolver (29)
- Junior Boys: Sitiveni Lose (33), Isaac Reay (27) and Toby Robb (24)
- Intermediate Boys: Travis Cashmore (34), Harry Coxhead (33) and Ben Strang (25)
- Senior Boys: Temwa Chileshe (36), Lane Tims (32) and Samuel McClay (30)