Full refunds, less the $750 non-refundable deposit, will only be given if New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) has refused a student visa for study in New Zealand or St Paul’s is unable to provide a place in the desired study programme.
In all other instances the following refund conditions apply:
- Students who withdraw before commencement and after payment of fees and who have given one month’s notice will forfeit 10% of total annual fees
- Students who withdraw before commencement and after payment of fees and who have not given one month’s notice will forfeit one term’s total annual fees
- Students who withdraw after commencement at the School must give one full term’s in writing to the Headmaster (refer to notice of withdrawal below for more information).
Conditions of this refund policy may vary at the discretion on the Headmaster.
Notice of withdrawal
- One full term’s notice of withdrawal must be given in writing to the Headmaster
- The notice required must be given not later than the beginning of the term at the end of which a student is to leave and in the event that such notice is not given by the date required, then the following terms fees shall be payable
- Verbal notice of withdrawal will not be accepted
- The question of a student’s withdrawal should always be a matter for consultation between the Headmaster and the parents/guardians
- Where the student is required to leave the school under Clause 19 of the Standards of Conduct described below, the full fee for the term will remain payable with no refund given. “The student is subject to the rules and discipline of the school. A copy of the school rules is printed in the school handbook and a copy is available for perusal at the school office. The school reserves the right to request the withdrawal of the student, or if necessary, to suspend or expel the student for any serious act or omission that is in breach of the school rules”
- Withdrawal of a student from a boarding position requires the same notice of withdrawal
- A student who wishes to change from a boarding option to a day student during the year will be required to pay boarding fees for the remainder of that year.