Please check with the School Shop for advice on the requirements for clothing and equipment for Tihoi before making a purchase. Many parents in the past have made purchases that have turned out to be unsuitable for the Tihoi environment.
The School Shop sources and provides the majority of the outdoor recreational clothing and equipment requirements for students attending Tihoi Venture School. This has been done in consultation with the Tihoi Venture School staff who know what equipment and clothing is best suited for the Tihoi experience.
Used as day-to-day clothes/items around the centre.
- 2 x pyjamas
- 5 x t-shirts, cotton, any style (quick dry is a good option)
- 2 x long sleeved tops
- 2 x pair long pants (jeans, trousers or track suit)
- 2 x pair casual shorts
- 1 x pair polar fleece shorts
- 10 x pair underpants
- 1 x pair swimming shorts
- 1 x duvet and cover
- 1 x pillow
- 4 x towels
- 2 x face cloths
- 10 x coat hangers
- 1 x toilet set
- 1 x wrist watch.
- 1 x pair rubber jandals/sandals/slip ons
- 1 x pair gumboots
- 1 x pair slippers.
Used weekly for the outdoor programme.
- 3 x polypropylene long or short sleeved tops
- 3 x polypropylene long johns
- 1 x heavy weight polar fleece jacket (Sherpa is a good option)
- 2 x polar fleece lightweight jerseys
- 2 x pair polar fleece trousers
- 8 x pair woollen socks (attach with loops)
- 1 x raincoat, good quality, waterproof 10000mu (Gondwana is a good option)
- 1 x pair waterproof over trousers, heavy duty (Gondwana is a good option)
- 1 x pair compression shorts
- 1 x pair waterproof over mittens
- 2 x beanies – fleece or wool
- 1 x cap
- 1 x pair woolen gloves
- 1 x pair polypropylene gloves
- 1 x polyprop balaclava
- 1 x full length 3 – 5 mm wetsuit
- 1 x LED head torch (led lenser H5 good option)
- 1 x sleeping bag, comfort -8 degrees, synthetic. No down filled bags. RAB and Marmot are good options
- 1 x sleeping bag liner
- 1 x tramping pack (75 litres minimum)
- 1 x pack liner
- 1 x sleeping mat (thermal insulation)
- 2 x dry bags (35 litres)
- 1 x pair overalls (long sleeved)
- 2 x mugs (not glass)
- 2 x plates and bowls (not glass)
- 2 x sets knife, fork and spoon
- 2 x water bottles (1 litre)
- Bladder (2 litre leak free) – optional.
- 1 x pair leather tramping boots (Evolve Razorback, good option)
- 1 x pair gaiters
- 1 x pair dive booties
- 2 x pairs thermal sock liners
- 1 x spare pair of boot lace.
- 1 x pair off-road running shoes (most running is done on bush tracks/paddocks. A good tread is needed)
- 4 x pair running socks
- 1 x quick dry shirt
- 1 x St Paul’s house singlet
- 1 x pair St Paul’s rugby shorts
- 1 x lightweight showerproof windbreaker.
- 1 x bottle of Nikwax (boot protector)
- 10 x large plastic bags
- 1 x sunglasses
- 1 x sunscreen
- Hand sanitiser
- 1 x USB memory stick
- 1 x alarm clock
- 1 x camera
- 1 x extra blanket
- 1 x hot water bottle
- 1 x lamp or lantern for bedside
- Wall posters, books, musical instruments, cards.