St Paul’s Collegiate School offers three grades of competition, which caters for all skill levels for aspiring netballers.
The gymnasium is utilised for training throughout the winter months and is a key facility for St Paul’s netball teams and competitive netballers who have access to a sprung floor, gym equipments and a heated 25m swimming pool. The same facilities are regularly used by Waikato and Silver Fern representatives and from time-to-time such players share their time and skills with students.
St Paul’s teams compete in a number of competitions including:
- Saturday and Saturday open grade competitions
- Monday night league
- Upper North Island secondary school tournament
- Sports exchanges with Bethlehem College and Wanganui Collegiate
- Annual quadrangular tournament with Ballarat Grammar NSW, Pembroke School Adelaide, Kristin School North Shore Auckland
- Kate Littlejohn and Grace Watson named in the 21-strong New Zealand Secondary Schools (NZSS) squad (2017)
- Kate Littlejohn selected as one of four training partners for the Waikato Bay of Plenty Magic in the lead up to the ANZ National League season (2017)
- Open A won the Waikato Open A gained 6th at Upper North Island Secondary Schools moving through to Nationals and were placed 9th. We had nine girls selected in representative teams in (2017)
Sonya Noble – Open A Coach
Sonya has played national and representative netball with the NZ Māori and Bay of Plenty Magic teams as a teenager, and has represented Waikato and Riverlands in age group and senior national championships. More recently, as a coach, Sonya was the Assistant Coach to the Waikato Bay of Plenty Beko team in 2017, and has coached age group representative teams for the past five years. Sonya is currently completing her Netball New Zealand Performance Coach Qualification. Sonya’s passion for coaching netball has also lead her into developing her own business, and is a Co-Director of ‘Pivotal Netball Coaching and Conditioning’, which provides professional netball coaching to netballers of all ages through clinics, small-groups, schools and private sessions. Sonya was also the High Performance Coordinator at Hamilton City Netball Centre, and was responsible for all of the High performance programmes, representative teams and coaches. Sonya has been coaching St Paul’s Open A since 2016.
- Netball Development Officer – Marg Landon
- Netball Manager – Helen Bradford
- Development Coach – Marg Landon, Sarah Amoore