The cricket programme at St Paul’s Collegiate School provides a challenging and enjoyable environment where all players develop a love for the game.
Boys with a particular love and aptitude for cricket are identified in Year 9 and 10 and given individual or small-group coaching with a specialist coach.
Cricket is played in Terms 1 and 4. We usually field up to six boys teams in the Hamilton Cricket and Waikato Valley competitions with the teams playing on Saturdays.
Students train on St Paul’s cricket grounds as well as the two indoor cricket nets, equipped with bowling machines for training during the winter months. Students have access to three quality grass wickets, one artificial wicket and five well-maintained outdoor nets.
St Paul’s cricket teams take part in national and regional events throughout the season, including:
- Northern Districts Gillette Cup
- Waikato Valley senior men’s premier competition
- Waikato secondary school competition
- Inter-school fixtures against Lindisfarne College
- Vettori Shield (Year 9-10) Invitational Tournament – Wellington College, Christ’s College, King’s College, Auckland Grammar School, Westlake College & Hutt International Boys
- Sports exchanges with Australia
A sports levy applies to this sport. Qualifying and national tournament fees and travel and accommodation costs are disbursed to students' accounts accordingly.
St Paul’s has a long and proud cricketing history and, on the oak shaded ovals, boasts some of the best pitches in the country. The 1st XI has a tradition of success at both regional and national level, having made the Gillette Cup in 1999, 2001, 2004 and 2014.
Contact and coaches
Michael Rameka (master in charge)
Like us on Facebook
Our Facebook page also includes fixture information:
"St Paul’s Collegiate Cricket" – https://www.facebook.com/stpaulscricket/